ANIMAL CARE & CLEANING ASSISTANT
This position is 15 hours per week: Five days, 7am to 10am. (Generally Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat, but some flexibility is helpful). Some additional late afternoon hours may be available.
Job Requirements –
- Must love working with animals, both cats and dogs.
- Physically able to clean up after and help care for cats and dogs. Able to stand, bend, lift and reach.
- Must be dependable & safety oriented.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and to work as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of cat and dog body language (training available).
- A positive attitude and okay with getting your hands dirty.
- Send an email of interest to Michael Hopkins, Interim Executive Director: email@example.com.
- Include what day(s) and times you would be available to interview.
Assist staff as needed with am care of animals and cleaning of their housing areas, including:
- Washing & disinfecting food dishes and litter pans
- Food prep
- Watering & feeding animals
- Removing animals from rooms and cages as needed
- Set-up rooms and cages with clean bedding, enrichment items, litter pans, etc.
- Wiping down kuranda beds and cat towers
- Garbage removal
- Clean and sanitize housing
- Organizing donations and supplies
- Sweeping & mopping
- Cleaning windows & sink stations